Here’s the complete details of Sony Vaio Duo 11. Sony Vaio Duo 11 price in India and its features, specs are given below.
Every notebook/laptop manufacturer has been set to work by the release of the new Microsoft Windows 8, with all of them coming out with their own versions of a new tablet – desktop dual interface devices. Sony is no exception, who has come out with the all-new Sony Vaio Duo 11, an 11-inch tablet that reveals a stylish keyboard when shifted up. It also comes with a well-designed Stylus pen. Here, is what we make of the Duo 11, and whether it is hefty, £1000 price is justified.
To begin with, when used as a tablet, it looks like an unusually thick one at 12.5 x 7.8 x 0.75 inches. However, once you pull it up on the top corner ridges to reveal a backlit keyboard, it now becomes a notebook. Although you might get worry about the screen when carrying in a bag or a case since it will not be protected because of its design, the Gorilla Glass takes up the task well. The device in its entirety is not as robust as you would like, which might be an issue for some.
At 2.8 pounds, it is almost as heavy as other tablets/notebooks. There are two USB 3.0 slots along with other regular slots for power, HDMI, a plug for Ethernet and a VGA port and the memory slots. However, there is a downside considering it does not have a separate slot for its stylus, especially if a replacement is priced at $49, again.
The Duo 11 comes with a well-designed stylus pen, which is quite broad and hefty. It runs on a decent AAAA battery inside and is provided with two side buttons, which help you perform its ancillary functions – selecting texts or erasing drawings, etc.
Let us look at the basic specifications for the Duo 11.
- It comes with a solid 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, which is quite impressive for a tablet.
- You will no doubt be operating on Windows 8 on this one, where you will be provided with a 128 GB (SSD) Hard Drive and a whopping 6 GB RAM.
- It is quite fast when compared with other devices in the same range, taking up a mere 13 seconds to boot Windows 8.
- With a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 in full HD, the 11.6-inch display is the highlight of this device.
- An Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card takes care of the high quality imaging.
- It also comes with a 2.4 MP camera above the display as well as another 2.4 MP camera on the rear side.
- Bluetooth 4.0 as well as Wi-Fi (Intel Centrino Advanced) is also included.
Now here is one significant drawback: There is no optical drive on the Sony Vaio Duo 11. In addition, it comes with a 4960 mAh battery, which gives you an output time of about 5 hours. That, considering other devices in its category that generally have an output of about 6.5 hours, is again a bit of a disappointment.
The Sony Vaio Duo 11 makes a superb first impression on the looks of it, particularly with its sleek hybrid design and Windows 8 features. Its bright HD display and incredibly fast boot up time are two of its biggest advantages, but, and it is a powerful but, the drawbacks are impossible to ignore. Its operation does not seem sturdy, the tablet-screen rings safety concerns, and it might create durability concerns. With all the drawbacks, you have to say that spending £1000 on this device is quite a difficult choice.
Sony Vaio Duo 11 Price in India
Sony vaio Duo 11 price in India is INR 70000.