Here’s the complete details of Samsung Galaxy S II. Samsung Galaxy S II price in India and its features, specs are given below.
Samsung has already impressed the world with its Galaxy S smartphone. Now taking the fame of this name with itself, Samsung has emerged as one of the first mobile manufacturers to enter in the dual core segment. Samsung has decided to launch its latest flagship dual-core phone, the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Samsung Galaxy S II Features
- The Samsung Galaxy S II has a huge 4.3 inches big Super AMOLED- Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16Million colours and a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
- The phone looks just like a resize to the Samsung Galaxy S with a slightly “iPhone-ish” look. The screen looks brilliantly bright and colour accuracy is perfect. The front has only three standard buttons namely the Home, Back and Menu
- Just 8.5mm thick, it is the thinnest smartphone in the market.
- The Samsung Galaxy S II has a full plastic body which helps in reducing the weight to a mere 116 grams. But a metal body would have added a premium appeal.
- It comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI v4.0.
- It is available in black color only.
Samsung Galaxy S II Specifications
- 2G Network: Quad-Band (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 116 grams
- A massive 4.3 Inches big Super AMOLED- Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16Million colours and a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
- Multi touch input.
- Gorilla Glass display which protects the screen from scratches or any other damage.
- 8 MP camera with autofocus (with touch to focus functionality), dual LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection, smile detection and Image stabilization.
- 1080p HD recording @30FPS.
- 2 MP front camera for video calls/chats.
- Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset
- 1GB RAM
- Internal memory options of 16/32 GB
- MicroSD upto 32 GB(8 GB included)
- 3.5mm audio jack so that you can plug in earphones of your own choice.
- 2G Data: GPRS (Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 – 48 kbps); EDGE (Class 12)
- 3G Data: HSDPA upto 21 Mbps; HSUPA upto 5.76 Mbps.
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct.
- Bluetooth v3.0+HS.
- USB v2.0 microUSB (MHL), USB On-the-go.
- DLNA certified to stream content from your phone directly to your TV.
- Optional NFC ( Near Field Communication) support.
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI v4.0
- Web browser with HTML, RSS and Flash 10.1 support.
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
- Integrated Xvid/DivX video playback features.
- Audio formats: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Video formats: MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- Active Noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- SNS integration.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Touch-sensitive controls, Gyroscope sensor.
- Stereo FM radio with RDS.
- Preloaded: Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF), Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Single button volume rocker present on the left, power switch on the right.
- GPS Navigation using Google Maps service.
- Standard Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy S II Feedback
- Samsung Galaxy S II has a Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU and Exynos chipset which make a beast of a configuration. It is phones like this that make the iPhone and Incredible S feel shameful. With such a powerful configuration the UI responds blazingly fast.
- Multimedia capabilities are limitless. The camera quality is superb. The 1080p video recording is also good. Presence of TV-out , DLNA make it a perfect multimedia device.
- The phone has super slim design, which coupled with a brilliant screen make it a fabulous looking device.
- The phone feature a few latest technologies like NFC (Near field Communication), Bluetooth v3.0+HS, dual core mobile processor, 1080p recording, etc which make the device future proof.
Samsung Galaxy S II Issues
- The only issue seemed to be that the phone is fully made of plastic. The gives not only cheap appearance, but also a very poor grip.
Samsung Galaxy S II Review
The Samsung Galaxy S II is the best phones available in Indian market till date. There seems to be quite a lot of improvement in the Samsung TouchWiz UI. The phone is most advanced mobile phone available till date. So if you have an extra thirty thousand bucks and want an over-powerful, slim, super phone, Samsung Galaxy S II is the phone for you.
Samsung Galaxy S II Price in India
Samsung Galaxy S II will cost only a mere Rs.30500/- which is a good deal for the configuration and the performance this phone delivers.
Samsung Galaxy S II Competitors
The Samsung Galaxy S II will face competition from: